The Metropolitan Design Center worked in collaboration with the Minneapolis Public Housing Authority (MPHA) to study alternative development scenarios for the Glendale Townhomes. This Minneapolis property was initially acquired by the MPHA in late 1949 with the intention of developing 184 units for families and elderly residents. The project was completed in 1952 and initially housed WWII veterans. Since these early days, many changes have taken place in the Prospect Park Neighborhood and the Glendale units have also gone through several remodeling strategies. This study represents a preliminary effort to investigate the site's capacity to accept a redevelopment strategy involving a greater number of affordable and market-rate units.
Minnesota Design Center
89 Church St SE
1 Rapson Hall (directions and maps)